U.S. ARMY MOS Internment/Resettlement Specialist (31E), follow link below and see for yourself!
Internment/Resettlement Specialist (31E)
Internment/resettlement specialists are primarily responsible for day-to-day operations in a military confinement/correctional facility or detention/internment facility.
- -Supervision of confinement and detention operations
- -External security to facilities
- -Counseling/guidance to individual prisoners within a rehabilitative program
- -Records of prisoners/internees and their programs
Job training for an internment/resettlement specialist requires 10 weeks of Basic Combat Training and eight weeks of Advanced Individual Training with on-the-job instruction. Part of this time is spent in the classroom and in the field.
Some of the skills you’ll learn are:
- -Military laws and jurisdictions
- -Self-defense and use of firearms
- -Interpersonal communications skills
- -Search/restraint and custody/control procedures